Tuesday, April 8, 2008

PET news

I heard back from my doctor on Sunday night about the PET scan. He said the PET didn't indicate anything on my neck. That is sign for good news, though PETs haven't always been reliable for me. He said he could still do a needle aspiration or order an MRI. He advised that I "sleep on it" before making a decision. I've got 2 more treatments. I decided I'll just wait to finish the treatments and keep a watch on the place I've noticed on my neck. If I notice a change, we'll do something more. My doctor hates to have to do even more surgery in the area. He doesn't want to take a chance to damage any nerves, and the radiation I've had makes my skin less than pliable. It's hard to know just what to do sometimes. Hopefully, we won't have to do anything.

The LORD says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. Psalm 32:8 (NLT)

No comments: