Tuesday, May 15, 2007

One Voice

I wouldn't be truthful to say it's not a struggle. I have many 'voices' vying for my attention. It would be easy to let those outside 'voices' crowd in and distract. 'They' come in many forms and ways. Some of them speak fear. Some speak discouragement. Some speak defeat. Some speak not much hope. One Voice spoke my name last Friday with the Bible study. It takes an act of the will and spirit to dismiss the other 'voices'. Those other 'voices' would love to take me captive--
But the voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
The voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth (Casting Crowns)

I don't understand...but I believe. God knows I believe. He also knows I struggle...and He does understand!

(I had my stitches removed today and the doctor said I'm healing nicely. I'll see my radiation oncologist again on Friday to get my treatment mapped out. I will begin treatments next week. I will soon see the medical oncologist about the other IV treatment that I'm supposed to get once a month. It looks like my trip to Colorado may be iffy since my radiation treatments will be 5 days a week for 5 weeks. The nurse said to keep my plans as scheduled for now, though. We'll see.)

No comments: