Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Maker of heaven and earth

I lift up my eyes to the hills— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2 (NIV)

I finished my 8th and final Erbitux treatment on Thursday. It is so good to know I don't have to go next Thursday for that infusion of Benadryl, Decadron, and Erbitux. Also, after this weekend, I can begin putting the side effects behind me. That will be very nice for my body to be able to get more back to normal. My Colorado trip is less than 4 weeks away. Hopefully, my body will have mostly recovered by then.

We make our one day trip on Tuesday to see my surgeon for a follow-up visit. I think he might be surprised to learn that I've now got 8 Erbitux treatments behind me as he thought they were given once a month. Even my radiation onc didn't realize it was a weekly treatment.

(Please pray for a young friend of mine who has already battled breast cancer once. She will be having a lump removed on Thursday for a full biopsy. Tests so far do not show anything alarming, but pray the biopsy finally gives her full peace of mind. Also, her dad found out last week that he has very serious prostate cancer. It has been an overwhelming week.)

No comments: