Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Off to Birmingham

Merry Christmas!

We celebrated Christmas with family on Sunday by enjoying Christmas dinner and opening presents. I'm glad we decided to have Christmas on Sunday rather than today. We were able to have a long leisurely, fun-filled day and not have to be so rushed since we have to leave for Birmingham today. With all of that in mind, none of it would even be thinkable without, first and foremost, the Christmas-time celebration of the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Thanks to my children and their spouses, I have a cool way to help pass the time on the trip today. They all pitched in and gave me an iPod Nano! The inscription on the back reads, "Let My Lifesong Sing To You"! Is that not the coolest?? Again, a God thing! The iPod was already on its way with inscription and all before I had to tell them that I was going to be having surgery again.

Well, I've got to get busy so we can leave shortly. By the way, here's the verse in my email for today:
"My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep."Psalm 121:2-4, New International Version

No comments: