Monday, December 31, 2007

Pathology Report

My doctor called today to let us know the results of the pathology report. Two places in my neck did show up as cancer. Also, the biopsy of my gum was ruled as cancer, though just superficial. Nothing surprising to me. Of course, not what I wanted to hear, but not surprising. I will now need to see my medical oncologist to see about a maintenance treatment program, possibly monthly Erbitux. When I go to get my stitches removed next week, the doctor will remove a little more of the gum tissue, just to make sure he got it all.

What else can I say for now??...but another word of testimony to God's timing and faithfulness.
My first devotional email I read today was:
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27 NIV


Not so surprising since He has been using this particular verse in my life for over 24 years. But then I proceed to the next devotional email, one that doesn't come daily:
“But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:26-27

And both of those before we got the call from my doctor!

Yes, He will remind me of everything He has said to me!!

No comments: