Thursday, January 17, 2008

I will bless the Lord at all times...Let us exalt His name together

I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will make its boast in the LORD; The humble will hear it and rejoice. O magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt His name together. I sought the LORD, and He answered me, And delivered me from all my fears. O taste and see that the LORD is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!
Psalm 34:1-4, 8 New American Standard Bible

I saw my surgeon last Tuesday to have my stitches removed. He had already planned to take a little more gum tissue to make sure he removed all of the cancer that was there. I, also, asked him to check a place on the inside of my cheek just to make sure. He called Sunday afternoon to tell me the results. The place on my cheek was fine. Cancer did show up in the gum tissue he removed, but he was able to remove all of the cancer giving me clear margins. So no further surgery to my mouth is necessary. That was all great news. He (and I) will just keep a close watch on the area.

My surgeon, also, gave us the pathology report last week to take to my medical oncologist. I have an appointment to see him next Tuesday to see what my options might be for further treatment. Radiation is not an option. I have already had radiation twice on my neck and to my mouth once. It's usually not repeated after the first time, anyway. So we'll see what the oncologist has to say.

I decided to switch from the CD I had been listening to in the car for the past week. I was just thinking it's just so neat to hear God speak randomly to me through music on the radio when I'm in the car. When I started the car to go back to work after lunch (after just talking to my onc's office and finding out my appt. time), "Voice of Truth" was in process of playing on the radio. I think God is really wanting to impress upon me to not let "voices" from here or there drown out HIS voice to me. Don't ever give up. Keep holding on.

No comments: