Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Fresh Beginning

That was the title of the devotional for January 1. It's from a new daily devotional book given to me by my husband for my birthday. It's co-authored by Henry Blackaby. He, also, gave me another daily devotional at Christmas authored by Beth Moore. I know I will enjoy both of them immensely!
The verse for January 1 particularly caught my eye. It is similar to one in an email I got on Monday. After seeing it in yesterday's devotional, I thought I should sit up and take notice. That was probably at least the 4th time, maybe more, these verses have come to my attention in some way or other in the past couple of weeks. God is definitely trying to say something to me through it. After this many repeats in the past few days, it's not meant to be coincidental!

From December 31:
"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols. See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you." Isaiah 42:8-9

From January 1:
"Behold, I will do a new thing. Now it shall spring forth...I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:19
The last sentence of the devotional: "Embrace the fresh beginning God wants to give you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you remember me, but Tressa and I were friends in high school - and you went to school with my mom. I've been reading your website for a couple months. Just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you and that you are a huge encouragement! Although I haven't traveled your journey, your words really hit the spot some days. Thanks for loving Jesus!
Janice (Arnold) Stockman