Friday, September 5, 2008

The Lord is good

"The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him." Nahum 1:7 (NIV)
I saw my surgeon on Tuesday, and all is well. I will see my radiologist next Friday to set up my radiation schedule. I had my Erbitux treatment yesterday. My oncologist at first leaned toward 8 weeks of Erbitux again to enhance the radiation. He asked me what I thought. I told him I'd do what I had to do but that wasn't my choice. He said there was nothing scientific to go by...that we had been working out of the box anyway. He suggested we could do a treatment again in 3 weeks and 3 weeks after that, then returning to the monthly treatments...or keep on doing it monthly. I told him I was okay with 3 weeks. That, at least, gave me a break. He said that sounded like a good plan to him. With my treatment yesterday and the two in the next 6 weeks that would give my radiation treatments a boost. I'm very pleased with that decision. I was so not looking forward to 8 more straight weeks of the Erbitux. I expect the radiation treatments will be 5 days a week for 5 weeks. I'll know more about that next Friday.

As I started up the car this morning to go to work, what should be playing on the radio...
Voice of Truth...God is so timely.

No comments: