Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New every morning

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23 (ESV)

God uses people in my life everyday to let me know they are praying for me and care about me. It is quite overwhelming to know the extent that God uses people, literally, all over the world to give me a word of encouragement.

Yesterday was really special. When I got back to work after lunch there was a beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for me on my desk. A very dear couple from church had sent the flowers to brighten my day...and did they ever! I got so many comments about the beautiful flowers.

I, also, received a note in the mail. It was from one of the staff at Answers in Genesis. AiG held an event in a nearby town on the Sunday and Monday after my surgery. I had gotten a personal invitation to a reception being held on Saturday night before the event. I failed to RSVP that I wouldn't be able to attend. On that Saturday afternoon I received a call that happened to be from the main speaker for the event. He was making calls to let those invited know that the reception was being cancelled because of the stormy weather we were having in the area. I told him how kind it was for him to call but that I wouldn't have been able to attend anyway as I just had surgery for cancer again. He asked questions about my situation, and I explained it to him. He told me that he would take my name back to their headquarters to be put on their prayer list that goes beyond their U.S. headquarters. He told me that I could be assured I would be prayed for by their staff. His exact words, "You can take it to the bank." I thanked him, and he even prayed for me over the phone. I received a handwritten note from "Bill" today to let me know that the staff at AiG had "prayed the Lord place His healing hand upon you and completely heal you". Under his name he wrote Matthew 8:17. That verse refers to a verse in Isaiah 53:4--
This was to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet: "HE HIMSELF TOOK OUR INFIRMITIES AND CARRIED AWAY OUR DISEASES." (NASB)
I don't know who "Bill" is. He didn't sign his last name. I don't even know how to acknowledge to him that I received his note and how much I appreciate it.

As much as I dread the radiation treatments I will start soon, God gives me snippets of Himself through other people to let me know He is caring for me through them...like a dear friend that sent me an email of prayer tonight to encourage me of His unending mercies.

No comments: