Friday, August 17, 2007

My Father Loves Me

I'm back from my Colorado trip. It was great, and I had a great time. I don't have pics that I can post yet, but soon.

God is so good. Even in Colorado He let me know how much He loves me and is aware of the struggle I have had in believing Him fully. I went with my friend and her husband to their church on Friday night after I got there. Her pastor prayed for me. Before he even knew my circumstances he said, "You're more to God than you think you are. Jesus is very important to you." After he asked about my recent circumstances and I explained a bit about my struggle to believe God's word to me, he said, "Ask God to help you to believe. In the natural you will have those battles. Faith will rise up in you because there is a gift of faith. You're his daughter, and He can't refuse you." Okay, how would this man know how much the reference of daughter has been brought to me over and over in the last few months. But God...that's how. God uses one special word over and over to confirm His working in me...in spite of myself. I love my Father. My Father loves me!

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)

No comments: