Friday, August 31, 2007

The source of hope

This was the verse in an email devotional today:

"They cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent forth his word and healed them, he rescued them from the grave."
Psalm 107:19-20
(NIV)


It went well with a Max Lucado passage quote I, also, read today, "And we are forced to see him for what he claims to be: our hope."

We never know what 'trouble' may come our way. Oh, we can all know there has been, is being, or will be some sort of 'trouble' we will face in this lifetime. It has been so important for me to keep ever before me that He is my hope and salvation...that I'm not consumed by the troubles brought into my life. If not for His faithfulness, I would have been consumed. He sends forth His Word. That's His way of reassuring us that He is our hope. His Word is alive. Let it speak to your heart.

1 comment:

lynsgirl said...

Thank you for that :). God is plastering the word "hope" all over the place for me lately and I am eating it up.

I have not forgotten you or your blog and I'm sorry for not commenting more often. I know it's nice sometimes to know that people really are out there and reading.

I am praying for you and I'm praying for T (who is one of my sweetest friends - thank you for raising such a lovely daughter!) for a safe and happy delivery. ((Hugs)) and thanks for keeping the faith!